Thursday, April 8, 2010

Start-Up

Thanks again to all for arranging of, cooking for and coming to today's meeting.  I really appreciated it.

Here's the blog I've set up for the group.  I put about 8 or 9 names on the list of people to write on the blog, so i think that you can just go to the blog (www.blogger.quiltersoutofbounds.com) and it will offer you a template for a new post once you've accepted the new invitation.  and there you go.  if you want to include a picture, see the bar immediately above the 'new post' where there is a little picture icon next to the 'link' icon.  click on it and it will provide you instructions for including pictures.

i'll get everybody on as authors when i figure out who i didn't put on.  judy

5 comments:

  1. Well that didn't take long to set this up. Thanks! In trying to figure out how to download photos I managed to erase my first message (which was brilliant of course!)... So in the interest of avoiding another rewrite I am going to wait until I post this to figure it out.
    Glad you got home with Leslie as I just got home myself. Lots of waiting around, went to see the show, and did some shopping when I got to Gibsons. If you change mind about going to the play day tomorrow afternoon give me a call and I'll pick you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy
    I think this will be a great way of keepingtouch and showing our work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Judy. Thanks so much for setting it up. It looks like I can actually use it! But pictures will be a challenge. The table is wonderful. I even worked quite fast (for me) on it yesterday. Must be that wonderful Judy energy. And my back is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one thing about posting pictures: you n eed to resize the picture down to something fairly small before you try to upload them. i usually do them at 700 pixels on their largest dimension...judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. At today's meeting we looked the quilts that Judy posted as part of the color exercise. What struck us was how different the face and background looked in the piece done in blues, violets etc. we wondered if this was because of the lighting where the picture was taken, or if the blues etc. just made the other fabrics take on a different hue? or is it a matter of the camera or computer. There were differences in the color of all, but most noticeable in that one..Judy we really enjoyed your comments on your pieces

    ReplyDelete