Wednesday, May 19, 2010

These quilts are the part of an original abstract piece that was not working at all. I had cut the original piece into 3 segments and tried working with each piece as a separate work but that wasn't working either. What you are seeing here are 2 of the pieces (the third was much for my photography skills). On my way to the trash can with it all (again) I decided to paint the whole thing with some leftover latex house paint (white) front and back. After the pieces dried I painted it all over with various acrylics, stains, fabric paints, and inks. Then I cut each piece into either squares or rectangles and zigzag stitched them together. The whole thing is stiff as a board which made mounting them on stretched canvas the perfect avenue for displaying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment