Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Progress on Trees

I've finished the second tree quilt and, like Jill, I'm going to think more carefully about what I agree to do in the future.  These quilts were both challenges, but for different reasons, although the size/proportions were strange to work with in both.  However, I am pleased enough with both.  The back of the 'Tree Sprite' has a 'cape' of black voile with radiant green satiny-y stripes.  It shows just slightly, billowing a bit at the edges, but not in the photo because I hadn't attached it at the time I took the photo.  I will deliver this up to Jill tomorrow at Penny's, but for those of you who won't be there, this is what it looks like.

There's a rabbit down at the bottom in the brush, and a bird on each tree limb 'arm.'

also, here's a link to the fabric baskets that I talked about at the meeting today.

judy ross

3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing this. And I love being able to let you know that, via the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we certainly have challenged ourselves with this forest and each one I've seen is unique in its own way - can't wait for the show

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i have the pleasure of reading it!

    Yes, s ybil, it is hard for me too to imagine what a lot of them together will look like. But july will be here in a flash..

    ReplyDelete