Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More from the Refrigerator

From Judy Ross:

Here are photos of the three 'refrigerator' quilts i've done with the maiwa linen centers and the 'leftovers' (cottons) randomly pieced on the outer section.  Each also has perle cotton embroidery.  They are all about 4'x6'.  You've seen the first one ('Rajahstan') and perhaps the second one ('Walkabout') before it was quilted.  Now that one is completed and i've finished piecing and some embroidery stitching on the third one ('Mombasa').  The third one will have no additional border and the embroidery stitching will go out to the edge when it's done.  I've included all three pictures here so you can get some sense of them in comparison as part of a series.  I've enough linen to do at least one and perhaps two more.  And I suppose Maiwa will sell me more if I can't stop after that.  Happy to hear any critique via email as I won't be at the 23rd meeting, although i expect we'll be up in the creek in early august. 

#1, Rajahstan, Judy Ross, 2010.
 #2, Walkabout, Judy Ross, 2010
 #3, Mombasa, Judy Ross, 2010 (?), pieced top only.


(The first was shot with artificial light; the second and third were shot outdoors in the shade, affecting the lighting, of course.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the contemporary folk arsty feel of these pieces. I'm especially drawn to Mombasa. It has so much energy and is fun and playful. Is the center motif drawn or stitched? I can't really tell from the photo but I'm guessing it is stitched similarilhy to Rajahastan which we saw at the May meeting. They are quite successful Judy! Well done.

    ReplyDelete